Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lolita Go Home


About a year ago i moved to paris. And it changed my life immensely. I spent the first 2 weeks fucked over in hotels (dig back in the archives to have a look see). I compared myself to those eccentric old people that stay in hotels all their life relying on room service and hookers to stop themselves dying of a broken heart.
Slowly i found a flat, found friends and then proceeded to have the time of my life. Granted that meant that i started to smoke and drink too much and not go to class. And survived 4 bike accidents. But did i learn french - yes!
It also taught me that i should stand up and do the things that i love. I never did what truly made me happy and although that now means that i am bumming around till i get some work. I am pretty happy.
Who knows a year from now hopefully i will be working back in Paris. Snagging down 3 euro red wines, riding the velibs around the city and gatecrashing exclusive parties.

bisous.

No comments: