Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sky Might Fall

I might do a ton of these since I now know how to do screen grabs. It’ll add a new dimension to the film reviews that I do over at High Order.

Here are a bunch of screen grabs from Hype Williams’ (Esteemed Hip hop music video director) 1998 film Belly. I couldn’t bother watching the film in it’s entirety since it gives me a headache with its clichéd views. It is visual stunning.Music video directors rarely make good film directors. Except for the film Control , directed by Anton (99 Problems) Corbijn, he actually manages to get a great performance from the cast, unlike getting rappers Dmx and Nas to try and act, Corgijn expertly captures the overwhelming bleak and sparse nature of the Salford.


The opening scene is the best thing in the whole film. And probably my favourite use of UV light apart from that time I ate some shrooms and hung out in a friends in the designated trip room back in my Cali days.


Dmx’s Crib .You know a black guy is doing well because everything he owns is white. (Family Guy Quote)


Hey there is Method Man with a burner (pre paid/pay as you go phone, Handy since you can’t trace calls on it) practising for his appearance in The Wire a couple of years down the line.


Nas getting his hair cut whilst giving the ‘I’ve changed my life and I have decided to stop smoking weed and go back to Africa’ speech. Really? I’m sorry but Americans in Africa don’t do well because you are as condescending as Fearne Cotton was when she was doing the Comic Relief stuff.


One option for my ideal death. Being shot, then fall through a glass door of a low end ATL strip club.

No comments: